Landscape Astrophotography I - Image Acquisition
Landscape astrophotography with DSLR or mirrorless camera is a quite complex and challenging type of photography. It requires deep knowledge of your camera, quite a domain specific equipment and highly specialised software.
This course provides the directions to get started, mechanisms and strategies to get success with modest equipment, what you can do to achieve even better results and how to reduce the time spent in image post-processing.
This course also teaches you how to get two major types of astrophotography: Starry Landscapes, Star Trails. With both types of astrophotography, you can also generate Night Sky Timelapse Videos.
- 9 Lectures (4 hours)
- 9 Hands-on at your own pace
- 5 Additional Resources
- Format: Online Webinar
- Language: English
- Level: Beginner
- Price: 25NZD
- Start date: TBD
The training course is scheduled in 4 sessions, 2 sessions/week and 1hour/session. Tuesday and Thursday from 5pm to 6pm (NZST).
- New course will start on TBD.
- New course will be 100% online and at your own pace.
Once you have registered for this online training course, you will be sent the Google Meet link via a calendar invitation. Please follow the instructions to join the webinar. We recommend testing the link prior to the meeting. The webinar will work best with a headset to prevent background noise.
- Basic concepts of astrophotography
- Choose the right equipment
- Introduction to landscape astrophotography
- Starry Landscapes without Tracking Mount
- Starry Landscapes with Tracking Mount
- Star Trails
- Night Sky Timelapse Videos
- Planning and shooting
The objective of this course is to provide the directions to get started with the landscape astrophotography with modest and low-cost equipment. This course also teaches you how to get two major types of astrophotography: Starry Landscapes, Star Trails. With both types of astrophotography, you can also generate Night Sky Timelapse Videos.
This training course is targeting amateur and professional photographers interested in landscape astrophotography with low exposure night sky photography.
- This course requires to have a minimum equipment: DSLR or mirrorless camera, tripod, smartphone and computer for processing the images.
- This course also requires to have a very basic knowledge of photography.
|Basic concepts of astrophotography||
|Choose the right equipment||
|Planning and shooting||
Image Gallery of Previous Students